The Garvie Family Blog

The Garvie Family Blog

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

2017

Another year come and gone. I can't remember if I did a Christmas letter in 2016 or not?
The 1st part of 2017 was spent at many Drs and hospital visits with Nana (Willa). It was so hard watching her struggle and suffer with many age related illnesses. She finally went to heaven in April to be with her husband Virgil, her parents, and brother. I still think about things I want to ask her every day. Her older sister Lois (101?) is still with us and I can email her and she might have the answers. She has great stories to tell. We lost our Great Uncle Glen this year, too. There is a Paden reunion up there without us. I can hear them all laughing......
We had a really snowy winter at the beginning of the year- hope it doesn't repeat itself again. While we were snowed in, we started packing/downsizing our home of 13 years on Sitka Ct. The goal was to be done by May 1st to get it on the market before school was out. We put it on Zillow and had it sold by June 20th. Pretty easy transaction. Plan # 2 was to move into an apartment while looking for a fixer-upper or build a new home. We have been in the apartment for 6 months and SO tired of it. PTL, we found a new house in Richland that was almost done and all it needed was our finishing touches. I was able to choose our flooring, tiles, countertops, carpet, lights, appliances, etc.
We will move into it before January 24, 2018.
We took Dirk to Cabo San Lucas in August to celebrate his college graduation. Then a few weeks later, I flew to Houston to be with my little brother Gregg as his wife Karen passed away. We had a Celebration of Life with all of their friends and my brother Glenn came from California, too.
We took a little weekend trip to the  Oregon coast in November with the Pinards. Went to Walla Walla Dec 1st weekend with the Sowers, & Morens.
The boys are doing great! Alex is still working on his home in North Richland. He has a new job that he LOVES as an apprentice jouneyman at Breshear Electric. They are constantly busy- even turning away business. Lots of new homes in the Tri-Cities! He's still doing his glass business on Facebook. Go to Garvie's Glass to order.
Dirk took the semester off from college to save for the next semester. He's still working at Dutch Brothers Coffee and House/Dog sitting in his spare time.
Paine is counting the days at Hanford until he retires this coming March 23. You will find him on the golf course perfecting his swing. He is still greeting at the front doors of C3 Church.
My parents have done a little remodeling on their home and are eagerly waiting for Gregg, Kyle and Nathan to get here in a few days. Sad that Megan couldn't come.
I'm entering my 10th year at Tapteil Winery as the Tasting Room Manager. Still LOVE my job and my bosses! We are all going on another river cruise next year in November- this time in the Bordeaux region of France.
I am still volunteering at the Juvenille Justice Center (year 8) every Sunday afternoon teaching jewelry classes and sometimes even art classes. This January I will be starting a C3 Crafters group, as well.
I think that's all the news! I hope to send everyone a Valentines card with a change of address in it in February. Email me if I don't have your current address. Ksyrah13@gmail.com
Love to you,
Gayle, Paine, Alex & Dirk

No comments:

Post a Comment